Who I Am:
My name is Eric Baumann and I’m just a guy who wants to live a healthy lifestyle and be an example to my friends and family. Last year, after waking up and weighing in at 349 pounds, I decided I was going to take back my health and reverse what I had done to my body. After losing more than 75 pounds in less than a year, many in my sphere of influence noticed some changes and began asking what I was doing and if I could share what I have learned. That is how, and why, this blog and online community was created. Plus, it has given me the accountability I needed to continue in my weight loss and reach my health goals.
My secret is simple. I try my best to eat clean, natural, whole food. I have learned to cook for myself, rather than relying on some fast food chain to feed my appetites, and I refuse to pass on unhealthy habits to my family. I have re-learned nutrition, taking the path less traveled, and now have a passion to share the knowledge I have gained to hep others struggling with their own health battles. I hope it serves you well.
Who I Am NOT:
I am NOT a doctor. I am NOT a nutritionist. The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only and is meant to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.
Who I Influence:
- I am the father of three boys, 7 and under, and have been married for 15 years to the most beautiful woman in the world.
- I have served as a pastor for more than 15 years; working primarily with kids and teens, creative communications and strategic organizational leadership. Currently, I am the part-time communications director at my local church, but my full-time gig is being a stay-at-home dad.
- I can be found on Twitter, Facebook, and also have a blog that focuses on church ministry in the digital age.
Who Influences Me:
- I have a personal relationship with God. My faith influences everything I do.
- I try to eat as close to a primal diet as possible. It just makes sense to me. I don’t follow one plan or diet specifically, but have taken common principles and strategies from those listed below and made them my own. I look for advice from the following:
- Nick Pineault
- Nate Miyaki
- Primal Palate
- The Perfect Human Diet
- Mark Sisson
- Chris Kresser
- Hungry for Change
- Killer At Large: Why Obesity Is America’s Greatest Threat
- Nerd Fitness
- King Corn
- Real Healthy Recipes
- Food Matters
- Grass-Fed Girl
- The Daniel Plan
- Food, Inc
- Balanced Bites
Who Pays Me:
Although many of the links out of my site are purely for informational purposes, Simply Healthy Bytes does earn a small commission on many such links including links to books, products and services. My thoughts and opinions are my own and not of those of any sponsor or advertiser. Simply Healthy Bytes, and or Eric Baumann, is not responsible for the quality of any product featured on the site.