These brownies are loaded with ingredients that are actually great for your fat burning or health goals, and satisfy any sweet tooth you may have. Plus the size of them helps for portion control. Traditional brownies are loaded with vegetable oils, fined sugars and flours with lots of unhealthy side effects (I’ll explain what some of these are in a future post).
When it comes to trying to reach your health goals, nothing is as important than finding a network or support system. One way that I do this is by finding other healthy living enthusiasts. A lot of times they can do the heavy research for you and all you have to do is make sure they are credible.
When it comes to finding great recipes, this is a great strategy. Most of my recipes are adaptations of recipes I have found along my journey or originals. BUT sometimes you find one that is so perfect that you dare not mess with it. So is the case with my go-to brownie recipe. I stumbled upon it at http://www.realhealthyrecipes.com
- 3.5 oz of dark chocolate (must be at least 72% coca)
- ½ cup coconut oil (extra-virgin organic, expeller-pressed)
- ½ cup of organic wild collected raw honey (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 eggs (at least organic)
- 1 TBS of vanilla
- ¼ tsp of almond extract
- ¾ cup of blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp of sea salt (I always use Himalayan, the pink stuff, it has less sodium)
- ½ cup of Enjoy Brand mini-chocolate chips (they are dairy and soy free)
You can see the baking directions for this recipe at: http://realhealthyrecipes.com/2013/12/10/the-best-brownie-recipe-ever-video
They even have a cool video for those of you that have trouble following written directions.