Fresh guacamole can be the perfect addition to a meal or snack. Guacamole is great for dipping (not chips, but veggies of course), and I love to add it to my tacos. There are lots of recipes out there, but I have tweaked mine to give it a signature kick. Making fresh guacamole is so simple and it’s good for you too. If you do decide to use chips, make sure and find some that are organic, whole grain or sprouted, gluten-free, non-gmo, and without any vegetable oils. The less ingredients the better. This will keep you on the right path to eating clean. After you try this fresh guacamole, you will never buy store-bought, processed guacamole again. Trust me.
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 small vine tomato, diced (seeds discarded)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (1 garlic clove = 1 tsp of minced garlic)
- 2 TBS fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt; to taste (I always use Himalayan, the pink stuff, it has less sodium)
Simply mash the avocado with the lime juice. Then, add the remaining ingredients and mash, mix and whip it up until creamy. If you like a little extra kick, add some Tabasco Sauce to taste. Guacamole is very versatile dish. Serve it up and enjoy!