I love buffalo chicken dip. But I have a twist to this traditional dip. Every once and awhile you gotta have those cheat meals or snacks. The key is when you do “cheat” to make sure you are still eating real food.
The secret in this dip recipe is NOT USING RANCH. When you are watching what you eat and trying to eat clean and real food, choosing a meal is easy. It’s the “extras” and condiments that blow your plan and goals . Also, make sure and use actual chicken breast in this dip. The stuff that comes in a can is full of “extras” that make it EVIL! So, here’s my version of a game day favorite…
Primal Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese (the regular stuff, fat is your friend)
- ½ cup of full-fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ -1 cup of shredded GRASS FED cheese (I always use Kerrygold‘s Dubliner Block and shred it myself)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2-4 shakes of Tabasco Sauce (my wife tells me to use less)
- ½ tsp of dill weed
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1-2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 heads of celery cut in half (use this to scoop the dip rather than chips)
Place all the above (except the chicken) in a saucepan or skillet on the stove (medium heat). Stir the dip until melted and hot, then add chicken and simmer. Easy…no need to bake this one…it would make it less manly!